Monday, June 14, 2010

life...update

Alright, so life as I knew it is over, I never realized how much one person affected your life and just removing my Daddy from my everyday life alters everything. One positive is we get to see my mom a lot more, and it has been really fun, I must admit the shopping sprees, with her, have been therapeutic and although no amount of spending will ever bring him back it still feels good. Our life the past few months has been crazy with so many ups and downs, yes I admit I had many "couldn't get out of bed" days, but now it's back to real life and thankfully its summer and the sun helps a lot.

We had 2 amazing vacations, I really needed to go to Disneyland, Yes it was me, as much as I know the girls loved going it was really me who wanted to go. We went down to California for a week and went to Disneyland for 3 days then down to San Diego to Sea world and the Wild Adventure Park. My mom came in for the last 3 days. It was such a nice trip, we all needed it so bad. Most of the trip was spent trying not to be sad that Poppy wasn't there but I loved it because I felt like a little kid again and the first thing I thought of when I was told my dad was killed was, "I wished I was a little kid again" so I could go back and do it again and have 30 years with him again. Disneyland just holds so many memories and such a feeling of magic that I wish I could live there and have my life inside this little bubble of happiness. After all it is "the happiest place on earth" Bryan loved the wild park, he took a 3 hour photo tour and got amazing pictures. I'm so proud of him he is turning into an amazing photographer. Izzy loved meeting all of the princesses and getting her picture with them. She was tall enough to go on fun rides with Dad, thunder mountain and splash mountain are her favorite. We went to Disneyland one day with Bryan's brother Matt and his family. It was so much fun to see them and Izzy just loves her cousins so much. We miss them a lot.

We went down to Arches National Park and Moab so we could get pictures of the red rocks, it was amazing. I can't believe how much fun it was, we took the girls but we counted it as a our 8 year anniversary trip. It was so nice to hike and enjoy the pool, it was so cute to see Izzy hiking and seriously thinking she was awesome because she learned how to hike without tripping, you could hear her talking to herself "heel,toe Heel,toe" She really is at such a fun stage in life. Her new thing is learning to read, she things she can already with is great because she is so willing right now to practice. She has her moments but really she is just my little buddy and we have so much fun together. She is also the greatest big sister and very protective of her little gigi.

Gigi is doing amazing, her health issues are improving and she is starting to talk so much and imitate everything she sees. I am amazed at her ability to follow orders, I only have to say something once and she will do it, and her memory is perfect, almost scary, I have to be careful what she sees. She is my little joy in life, you can not look at her and not smile, and her laugh is the greatest sound on earth which we are lucky enough to hear all day.

Byran has a new job and is doing so good I am so proud of him. He is now a Sales Rep/ Account manager for a Marketing/promo products company. He has found the perfect job for him and I can't be happier. We have been so blessed, I can't believe how lucky we have been to find this great job (thank you Paul and Blaine)

Our family is being extremely blessed all the time and I can feel all of the love being offered from all our friends and family, I would like to thank all of you for the support we couldn't have done this without you.

No comments: