Thursday, March 4, 2010

so so so so sad

I never thought I could ever be so sad. At my Dad's funeral Elder F. Howard Burton talked about how you never know just how deep your love is for someone until they are gone, wow, I can tell you this is true. I always knew I loved my Daddy but I never realized how deep it went and how much I relied on him. He really was my go to guy (after Bryan of course) Last night Bryan and I bought more eqipment for our camera and about every 5 min or so either one of us would say " i just wish we could ask Dad he would know the best one" I know it is something so simple yet it stings so bad.

Izzy saw a picture of him last night and just started to cry, so I told her if you pray for strength then you will always feel better. So she started her prayer and then just pleaded for Poppy to come home. She just keept saying Please Please bring him back. It was so pure and heartfelt. I know she is hurting but I didn't realize how much until then. She is old enough to know but not old enough to understand. I don't think seeing me cry all the time helps any.

I know time heals but time is our enemy right now. It seems like so long until we will get to see him again. I really miss his smile and his calming presense. He really was the rock of our family and now I feel like we could crumble. I know we won't but he can never be replaced and is so needed. He really was our Superhero.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Reagan. I'm really sad for you. I just want you to know that I'm thinking about you and praying for you guys. I love you!!

Downs Family said...

So sorry again!! We have been thinking about you guys a lot and would love to get together sometime!

Unknown said...

Bob & Jacky Spence.
Hi Reagan, just read your latest blog, and our feelings are with you, your Dad was a super man, and we have so many wonderful memories of him, and we know they will never fade. It was a Saturday night when I was reading this, and I sat here crying as this is the weekend my Mum passed away last year, couldn't be at a worse time as it is Mother's Day.

I hope you are all looking after your Mum (I am sure you are). We will have to get together. We did have a good time when you came over.

Well on a lighter note, you have a lovely husband and two gorgeous children, and I have really enjoyed reading about you and your family it is like winding the clock back.

We have big plans going on here - as your Mum has probably told you Sarah is getting married in November, ande is having a big wedding at Epping with four bridesmaids, a flower girl, and Harry (who is Jo's little boy) as a page boy. She has now bought a house in Wickford. Jo is living round the corner, but is hoping to move into my Mum's house which is on this estate which will be nice.

We are looking forward to the Spring - it has been the coldest winter here for over 30 years, and we are just not used to it like you are.

Keep updating your blog because I just love reading it.

Send our love to your Mum (We would love to give her a big kiss and cuddle), Cody, Kit, and Kent.

God bless you and have a happy Mother's Day.

All our love Jackie and Bob xxxxxxx

Unknown said...

Hi Reagan, We were so sad to hear about your Dad. He was a wonderful man, and we have many fond memories of him which will never fade. We hope you are all coping and looking after your Mum. We would both like to give her a big kiss and cuddle.

On a lighter note, you have a lovely husband and two gorgeous girls. It is like re-winding the clock back, and it is so nice to be able to keep in touch. We often think about your visit to us and how much we enjoyed it.

We have lots going on at the moment as Sarah is getting married in November so she is making lots of plans. Her wedding is going to be in Epping and she is having four bridesmaids, a little flower girl, about the age of Izzy, and Harry (that is Jo's little boy) as a page boy. That will give us something to look forward to.

Well Regan it is Mother's Day today so I hope you are being treated well, and spoiling your own Mum. The first of everything will be so hard for you all.

It is a lovely bright day here, still cold, but this is the coldest winter we have had for 30 years and we are just not used to it, so roll on summer.

Our thoughts are with you and your family will definitely not crumble as you will find your children will take the pain away and help you all.

Enjoy this special day, and send our love to your Mum, Cody, Kit and Kent. Hope to see you all. Lots and Lots of Love to everyone. Jackie and Bob xxxxx